Thursday, September 16, 2010

Saturday Market #24: A Confession

This job makes me want to shop. It makes me want to spend money. It makes me want to acquire beautiful things of all kinds. This is true every week, but never more true than in September and October as I am out scouting for products and craftspeople to include in the Holiday Market ad campaign. The warm, slanting, golden late afternoon light in late Summer/early Fall makes everything look so beautiful, and all the more irresistible.

For instance, I really wanted to instantly take home...
Saturday Market 09 11 12
this gorgeous necklace by Katy Jane,

Saturday Market 09 11 21
and fun, fun glass bead necklaces by Sue Hunnel for outfits of a different color,

Saturday Market 09 04 06
and this coral necklace by Deb Schussler for more dramatic occasions.

Saturday Market 09 11 10
Since I'm wearing out my imaginary purse with all this fantasy shopping, and the weather might turn soon, one of these recycled innertube bags by Tyler Dones will be perfect.

Saturday Market 09 11 14
These yard signs that Tarra Hartlauer makes are pretty adorable, maybe having one would inspire me to clean up the garden,

Saturday Market 09 11 32
and I wouldn't likely wear a ring topped with a birthday cake or a plate of cookies, but that doesn't stop me from wanting all of them. Erica Hardin makes amazing tiny things.

Saturday Market 09 11 27
After I've carted all my treasures home, I'll slip on these glorious clogs from Bob Walling's booth,

Saturday Market 09 11 29
and curl up with a nice cup of tea in one of Amanda Ryznar's porcelain mugs (I'd like love to collect them all),

Saturday Market 09 11 34
and I'll sit and remember seeing this scrimshaw necklace that Jeff Wilson made from an antique piano key and hope it's still there next week.

Truth be told, I do shop at the Market, and I have acquired many beautiful things over the years. But I can't help but fantasize about buying anything and everything that catches my eye...

2 comments:

Taryn Kae Wilson said...

I know what you mean! :)
Thanks for posting Jeff's scrimshaw necklace, it made our day! :)

debi... said...

so much beauty...thank you so very much for including me.....